THE VISION

THE FOUNDER

BOOK CAITLIN NUNEZ

SOCIAL MEDIA

INQUIRIES OR QUESTIONS?

Sunday 7 August 2016

BLOGGER TEAM - DAVID - BOLDNESS

RESPECK HIS NAME!!


David, what do you mean?

Let me explain.

As this is the month of boldness for the Kingdom Ambassadors ministry, I first wanted to hone in on the idea of putting 'respeck' on God's name. I know it sounds way off but you'll see what I mean. I feel as if a lot of us young Christians fail to give our Father the glory he deserves simply because we don't go out of our way to tell others the good news of the GOSPEL. Ultimately, I feel as if this can hinder our boldness as Christians. And I understand that it's not so easy than it sounds because even for myself I know I fall short in this. But I pray at the end of this post, you'll be encouraged to spread God's name, be bold and give him the 'respeck' he deserves.

Let's first address what I mean by boldness. Boldness can be defined as an attitude of strong confidence in God, such that godly things are said and done openly without fear of the consequences. We need to understand that when you have boldness in Christ,you're able to do whatever it is you need to do regardless of the consequences attached. Many of us here focus on the consequences, which hinders our boldness. In 2 Timothy 3:12 it says that "All those who desire to live in Godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution" so as believers we are bound to face persecution even for the gospel. HOWEVER, this is not to discourage you as Matthew 5:10 says "Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness sake.." God knows that although you may face persecution, His mighty hand is still upon you and this is the type of boldness that we should desire to have. Some of you may be thinking David, I still don't get it mate. Well if we look at the bible, we see three interesting men that I personally believe showed boldness.

In Daniel chapter 3 (I urge you to read it guys), we see three men known as Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-Nego who refused to bow down to the idol of King Nebuchadnezzar. This resulted in the king throwing the men in a fiery furnace to burn to death. However, because of the men's boldness in Christ, Jesus accompanied them in the fire and they did not burn to death. From this story, I just want to let you know that if God did it for them, then he can SURELY do it for you. Jesus is with you when you spread his gospel and let others know his name. And nowadays I feel as if when people hear about spreading the gospel, it's all about going down into the town centre with a speaker phone in one hand and the bible in the other. That's not what I mean at all. If you feel as if God has called you to do so then obviously do it, but there are other ways to spread the gospel and be bold about it. This could be just having a conversation with a friend or posting on social media platforms. Boldness is literally yours when you operate in the will of God. I'm telling you guys. Aim to have boldness that will just cause others to confess that Jesus Christ is LORD.

As I come to the end of this post, I hope that you are stirred up to do more for Christ through having boldness in him. Continue praying, continue meditating on the word of God and most importantly having intimacy with the Father. I wish to end it here with one of my favourite verses in the bible which most of you are familiar with. It speaks so volumes. God bless you guys, thank you for reading and I pray that you will start to RESPECK His name.

"For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." - (2 Timothy 1:7)


1 comment:

  1. I'm guilty of this sometimes and how I cure my lack of boldness is by using the gift God has given me (writing) to glorify Him. I can only pray that I too have the boldness of Daniel, or even the boldness of a baby because they are pure.
    Lovely post.

    theefectivetimes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete