THE VISION

THE FOUNDER

BOOK CAITLIN NUNEZ

SOCIAL MEDIA

INQUIRIES OR QUESTIONS?

Monday 10 October 2016

BLOGGER TEAM - DAVID - SET APART

Hey guys, so this month’s theme for Kingdom Ambassadors is being SET APART. And I feel it’s funny how God moves in ways like this because personally I’ve just come out of a season whereby I had to be set apart, in a sense that I had to stay true to the standard God had placed in my life and not the standard of men, and I’m writing about it lol. And I know how difficult it can get as young people living for God, but I believe at the end of this post, you’ll be encouraged to truly be set apart.

The meaning of ‘set apart’ is quite self-explanatory. It essentially means to ‘make yourself different from something else’. Set apart also means being separate and in Christianity, this is used a lot as we usually refer set apart to ‘being like Christ and not like the world’. This scripture right here, truly defines what is meant by being set apart.
“Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.”Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
It’s the first part of scripture that I want you guys to pay attention to. Being set apart requires of you not to conform to this world. What do you mean not conform to this world? That doesn’t make sense. What I mean is that when you first become born again, there is a transformation. The things that you once were doing in the world (in terms of sin) you aim to no longer indulge in anymore, because in Christ, you are made a new creation. So ultimately, the word is telling us, as believers, we need to be set apart and not follow the world’s standard.
But this is easier said than done, how can I actually be set apart? Literally, the answer to this is in Romans 12:2. Be transformed by the renewal of your MIND. The mind is a powerful weapon and if the enemy has a hold of your mind, then you’re in a very dangerous place. And the only way I believe that your mind can truly be renewed is if you spend secret time with God and know him for yourself (Matthew 6:6). I’m telling you, it was only when I was spending time with God in prayer and reading his word that slowly but surely my mind was being renewed. The past sinful habits that once used to sway me seem to not even bother me anymore. However, because of the constant flesh between flesh and spirit, it can get tough and you may fall back at times. This is why spending alone time with God is so important as I personally believe it can literally make or break your relationship with God. And in the time of intimacy, you’ll develop a heavenly mindset (Colossians 3:2). Your mind will be set on the things above.
So I hope you were encouraged to truly be set apart. I feel as if some of us here have gone back to the pleasures of sin and the world. I just want to let you know that as you’re reading this, there is still time to come back to Him. “I pray right now in the name of Jesus that the young people reading this will truly be set apart for you Lord, that the transformation that they are experiencing right now as believers will allow them to not follow a worldly standard but instead a kingdom standard and be set apart. Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment